Saturday, October 17, 2009

What time is it?

My tendencies toward obsession have been preoccupied with college football for the past couple of days.

In fact, my Facebook status has something to do with OU still sucking at 8 p.m. Saturday night. What can I say, I like the idea of being "in the future."

I'm proud that although I'm 13 hours ahead and I can't even watch college ball, I still wear my orange every Saturday (even though the game generally doesn't even play until my Sunday) and I do everything I can to keep up with the stats.

I "watch" the game on the CBS College GameTracker. What can I say, I'm a Texas girl — not to mention I certainly have a team worth being proud of.

We're supposed to go out in Taipei tonight for a few of the teachers' birthdays (three people's birthdays in the next week!). I'm still trying to figure out how I can manage to keep up with the game while I'm out dancing with my friends. Maybe there will be a sports bar nearby playing ESPN or something.

I feel like I have a better chance in Taipei.

Other things that have happened recently:

Yesterday, the fire alarm went off in our building for something like an hour. They made some big announcement in Chinese and then it started going off. At first I thought it was the car dealership attached to our building because now and then I hear announcements coming from there.

Then I went out into the hallway and it was definitely the loudest thing ever.

I totally didn't get it until way later, but one of my friends' called in a Chinese Fire Drill.

If you don't know what a Chinese Fire Drill is, see below:



I'll just leave you with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment