Saturday, June 27, 2009

How can you live like this?

Megan, Allen, Ray and I went to watch Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen today. We got to the mall at a little after 3 p.m. and there was the longest line EVER.

We waited for about an hour to get tickets and the soonest we could get the movie for was 5:50 p.m.

While we were walking around the mall, this little girl started yelling my name and pulled on my shirt. I subbed her class earlier this week. It was adorable. I definitely didn't expect any of the kids I subbed for — especially since it was only once — to remember me.

Anyway, I think the movie was totally worth the wait, but I limited myself to watching the movie solely for the stuff that blows up. I love the effects in the Transformers movies.

When we got back I decided I would begin my attack on the kitchen. This is what I had to work against:



I changed shirts and just went in there and started cleaning everything.

Ray helped me. I found a way to plug the sink and filled it up with soapy water and went crazy. I used so much dish soap. Those dishes have been sitting in the sink for more than a week now. It was starting to smell.

If you know me, you know that one of my hugest pet peeves is a dirty kitchen. I can only let it go for so long.

This is the transformation:



Above the sink is one of the dish drainers. That's only ONE of them and it's not even the fullest. The one over the other sink is going to burst.



Ray also cleaned off the table and the counters and I cleaned behind the stove a little. I also left a rather unpleasant note:



I think it was warranted though. That's disgusting.

Tomorrow, we're tackling the refrigerators (there are two).



I told everyone they have until tomorrow night to label all the stuff they have in the fridge. Anything not labeled is taking flight to the trash.



But, now that I've cleaned the kitchen, I'm going to get ready. It's this guy Jeremy's birthday so a bunch of us are going to Jhong Li to hang out.

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment