Tuesday, May 18, 2010

When does the sun come up?

For the record, the sun comes up ridiculously early.

That's a good thing though. I can't really sleep when it's bright out, so I've been waking up a bit earlier lately. Granted I'll stay in my bed and read or play on the Internet until my stomach starts yelling at me furiously about food, but waking up earlier is better.

I've been exercising. I still don't really have a routine down, but something is better than nothing. At least that's what I'm telling myself for now.

Otherwise, I don't have much to talk about, so I'm posting some pictures. Mostly from doing the touristy thing in Taipei.

Enjoy.

Falun Dafa (Falun Gong) have been outside the Taipei 101 building protesting and raising support. 
This was on my birthday. There were hundreds of people dressed in yellow and carrying signs.



The Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall.


Chiang Kai Shek


His eternal view.


This building gave my vertigo.


i don't know what these are, but they remind me of Texas bluebonnets. 
Now I have a picture to remind me of Texas and Taiwan at the same time.


There are all these groups of kids that get together in public places to practice choreography.
One of my favorite things ever and so much fun to watch.


Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall



Dr. Sun Yat-Sen



My absolute favorite thing about Taiwan, though, is the signs. 
Just a friendly public service announcement from your Taipei metro authority.

No comments:

Post a Comment