Thursday, March 18, 2010

Are you wearing green?

I ended up spending the entire day Wednesday in bed so that I could sleep off the headache and the remains of my sickness. The idea was that I would be nice and rested up for the St. Paddy's Day celebration.

I can't miss St. Paddy's Day. I love being around all the people. Everyone is just so darn happy for this holiday.

I told my roommate to tell me that I had to go and I didn't have a choice.

Then I adorned myself in a green shirt, a green scarf and some green eye shadow and we took to the streets of Taipei.

Well, my roommates and I made it to the bus and got on without everyone else thinking it was the last bus. They somehow managed to catch up with us (probably that bathroom break and the 7-11 stop).

We were waiting for the metro when Tess goes "I hear loud people. That must be our friends!" and it absolutely was.

That was the most fun I've ever had on a metro especially considering we got off at literally the next stop. People looked at us like we were insane, probably because two of my friends were wearing what can only be described as green togas.

We went to The Brass Monkey, a pub in Taipei that is in an area of town that I got the impression has a lot of foreigners.

I've never seen so many foreigners in one place in Taiwan. It was kind of like being in a pub back home.

We chatted up people from all over the world, mostly businessmen.

We met a few Irishmen, a couple of men from Manchester and two guys who play baseball for the Taiwanese minor league team Brother Elephants (one from Iowa and one from Puerto Rico).

Did I mention the pub was mostly full of men? There weren't a whole lot of women out last night.

All in all it was a very interesting night. No big mishaps at all so I would say that it was a very successful St. Paddy's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment