Saturday, August 22, 2009

How can I possibly make the demo longer?

Friday and today were the longest days ever.

I woke up and immediately started downloading music to use during my News Camp demo and then I went to Carrefour to buy some last minute props and decorations.

The demo was supposed to last an hour and ended up taking about 25-30 minutes. The head office wasn't happy, but honestly, I was glad it took that long.

I had my kids introduce themselves while I played the BBC World News theme song.

Then I used the Fox News theme song and the NBC theme song in between them reading the "news" stories they wrote and acting out the commercials they wrote.

All in all, it went quite smoothly. There weren't even any parents there until about halfway through.

Today I had to wake up so early. I was pretty dead for the first 15 minutes of my class and then my coffee kicked in.

Today wasn't bad. It was just long.

During my second news camp one of the ladies from head office came in to tell me my demo wasn't long enough so I need to find a way to make the one for this class longer. It's automatically going to be longer because there are more kids which means more self introductions and more stories to read.

I think I made her a little angry though because I essentially told her that I don't think the News Camp was very well thought out and that they didn't give us very much information about what they wanted the teachers to do or how we were going to do it.

I told her the truth, but I think it caught her by surprise. I probably shouldn't expect my Thanksgiving vacation time to get approved, huh?

When I got home tonight I was so exhausted but super hungry because all I had eaten all day was some bread and crackers and an apple. That's so not enough.

I grabbed something to eat and then sat down on the couch to watch TV and finally relax. I ended up falling asleep on the couch.

I've decided I'm definitely staying in tonight. I'm off to bed so I can wake up early to hopefully go do something fun and new tomorrow.

Some of the others were talking about going to Keelung. We'll see how that pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment