Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Is this for me?

Today was cute.

I know, strange word to describe a day, but I just saw tons of really little kids today.

I subbed one of Tess' summer classes which is all little kids. Then I had my second week of my brand-new-kiddos class.

Right when I walked into my class this little girl, Erica, walked up to me with something in her hands screaming "Teacher! Teacher!"

She had these bracelets that snap on and they have little rhinestones all around them. I was wearing brown today so she snapped a brown one around my wrist and I got to keep it.


I know it looks like a mini dog collar but it's so Taiwan fashion.

It's great to know that the kids aren't totally freaked out by me even though they just met me last week.

Although one little boy, Wilson, did cry. But that's because his mom usually stays for class — they have been coming for six weeks with just the my co-teacher before — but his mom couldn't stay today. About half way through class he glanced around, realized she wasn't there and burst into tears just as we started singing "The Babies on the Bus."

If you don't remember, the babies on the bus go "wah, wah wah."

I felt like we were making fun of him, but we couldn't just stop and bring attention to it.

Other than that, I've got nothing, so I'll leave you with this little questionnaire e-mail that Flannery forwarded me a couple of weeks ago.

I've been meaning to send it back to her, but I keep forgetting. So here you go:

A) Four places that I go to over and over:
Taoyuan Night Market, Ching Shin tea stand, Tepanyaki, Carrefour

B) Four people who e-mail me regularly:
Flannery, my mom, the New York Times online, the Washington Post online

C) Four favorite smells:
Lilies, cheese, newsprint, vanilla (probably in that order)

D) Other places I would rather be right now:
Washington D.C., Thailand, home

E ) Four people I think will respond:
If I had sent this to my mother, she most certainly would have. All of her friends probably would have too. :)

F) Four TV shows I watch:
Grey's Anatomy (can't wait for this season to start), Weeds, Dexter, The Tudors (What can I say, I love Showtime.)

No comments:

Post a Comment